Pool & Cabana
Pool/Cabana Rules Updated July 2023
1. The rules for the use of the pool and cabana are posted in the pool area. Residents and guests are responsible for observing these and posted rules at all times. Those not observing these and the posted rules will be subject to expulsion by any member of The Grove Homeowners Association or other disciplinary action by the Board of Directors.
2. The use of the swimming pool and equipment and facilities are at the risk and sole liability of the resident or guest. There will be NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY! LIFEGUARD OR SUPERVISORY SERVICES IS NOT PROVIDED AT ANY TIME. The gates must be closed AT ALL TIMES. THE GROVE HOMES ASSOCIATION WILL NOT ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY RESULTING PERSONAL INJURY.
3. THE POOL IS RESERVED FOR FULL-TIME RESIDENTS OF THE ASSOCIATION AND THEIR GUESTS. OWNERS WHO HAVE RENTED OR LEASED THEIR PROPERTY ARE NOT ENTITLED TO USE THE RECREATIONAL FACILITIES (pool, tennis courts). RESIDENTS MUST ACCOMPANY THEIR GUESTS AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE POOL/CABANA AREAS. ONLY SIX (6) GUESTS PER UNIT ARE ALLOWED AT ONE TIME UNLESS PERMISSION IS OBTAINED FROM MANAGEMENT
4. POOL KEY (ATTACHED TO RED TAG) MUST BE PRESENT WITH YOU WHEN YOU ARE AT THE FACILITY, If it is not with you, any member can ask you to leave if you have lost your key, a replacement key and tag will cost you a $35 non-refundable fee. Ordering a new tag can take up to several weeks to replace. Please be prepared to wait. RESIDENTS WILL NOT RELEASE THEIR KEYS TO ANY GUEST(S).
5. Residents who are 14 years of age or older may swim without supervision. However, residents under eighteen (18) years of age cannot supervise a younger brother, sister, and/or guest without an adult resident at the pool area. RESIDENTS UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE MAY USE THE POOL ONLY WITH AN ADULT RESIDENT PRESENT AT THE POOL. Toddlers not fully trained from diapers cannot be in the pool unless they have “swimmers.”
6. Pool and Cabana hours are as follows:
OPEN: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
QUIET HOURS: 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. DURING QUIET HOURS, KEEP YOUR VOICE(S) DOWN. ORDINARY CONVERSATION IS MAGNIFIED DUE TO THE WATER, AND THIS DISTURBS SLEEPING RESIDENTS. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS.
CLOSED: 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
During CLOSED hours, there is to be no swimming during this time, and no one is allowed in the facility. Any member or resident found using the facility when closed will be subject to expulsion of all recreation privileges.
7. NO GLASS BOTTLES AND/OR ANY OTHER GLASSWARE within the pool and cabana area. NO SMOKING allowed in our near pool or cabana area.
8. NO DIVING into and RUNNING around the pool.
9. NO LIFE RAFTS, BOATS, BALLS, OR ANY HARD OBJECTS ARE ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA. Playing with emergency equipment, such as the life preserver, is strictly forbidden and a fine will be assessed for violation of this rule. REMOVE ANY FLOATION DEVICES WHEN NOT IN USE IN THE POOL.
10. NO PETS permitted in the pool or cabana area.
11. NO RADIOS OR DEVICES FOR PLAYING music are allowed unless headphones are used in this area.
12. NO BARBECUING. FOOD IS ALLOWED IN THE CABANA AREA ONLY:. Food is not allowed by the pool. Please leave no trace of what you eat or drink.
13. PLEASE USE A BEACH TOWEL when sunning on the lounge chairs as suntan oils and lotions damage and erode the vinyl straps. If you spill something on any chairs in the pool facility, please clean it up.
14. WEAR a bathing cap or hair must be braided or tied up if it is long. It is extremely dangerous if hair gets caught in suction port.
15. PLEASE RECYCLE ALL PLASTIC AND ALUMINUM BOTTLES and cans in the recycle bin. Do not throw in general garbage bin.
16. If you have a gathering at the pool facility, it is your obligation to collect and transport your garbage away. Do not leave excessive garbage in the facility. Also, clean up after your gathering, and leave the area clean for other resident use. RESIDENTS PLANNING A POOL GATHERING (10 OR MORE PEOPLE) MUST (1) MUST OBTAIN PERMISSION IN WRIING FROM TRIDENT AND (2) POST THE DATE, TIME, AND NUMBER OF GUESTS ON THE BULLETIN BOARD TWO DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE GATHERING GATHERINGS ARE LIMITED TO 15 PEOPLE.
17. If you notice a problem regarding the pool or pool equipment, please advise management for the association, Trident Property Management, 530-751-7040.
IN A NUTSHELL:
PRACTICE COMMON COURTESY.
NO ROWDY OR BOISTEROUS BEHAVIOR
The pool belongs to the 84 Residents of the Grove. It is NOT a public pool.
Keep noise down to be respectful of residents who live in the pool vicinity.
Quiet time is 8:00 p.m.
Mind your stuff – other people use the pool to swim – remove your floatation devices when you’re out of the pool
Leave no trace of your pool/cabana use (clean up your crumbs and trash)
If you have guests, you must accompany them at all times when using the pool