Annual Policy Disclosures

Members Rights Disclosures

General Notices: General notices can be provided by individual distribution by submitting a written request to Management.

Secondary Address: Owners have the right to have individual notices delivered to up to two mailing addresses. Requests to add a secondary address must be made in writing and mailed to the association.

Minutes: Minutes of all Board of Directors meetings and Association Meetings (except Executive Sessions) are available for review at Trident Property Management. Requests for copies must be made in writing and reproduction costs must be paid in advance.

Insurance Disclosures

Insurance disclosures are provided to all owners annually or upon any changes to the umbrella policy. Please contact the agent using the contact information on the disclosure form if a third party is requesting insurance information. Management cannot disclose insurance information to third parties.

Management Certifications

[On behalf of Robert McNeil, Tamara Camara, Kevin Kelley, Michelle Randolph and Tyler Larcom, certified California Community Association Managers:] I am certified as a common interest development manager. I have met the requirements of Section 11502 of the Civil Code. I received my certification from California Association of Community Managers, Inc., 23461 South Pointe Dr., Ste. 200, Laguna Hills, CA 92653. My certification is currently in good standing. Trident Property Management has fidelity insurance covering the association's operating and reserve funds. Our primary office is located at 1110 Civic Center Blvd., Suite 102, Yuba City, CA 95993. Robert McNeil also holds an active state of California Bureau of Real Estate Broker's License and is additionally certified as a common interest development manager through the Community Association Institute (CAI), located at 6402 Arlington Blvd. Ste 500, Falls Church, VA 22042.

Internal Dispute Resolution

Default Meet and Confer Procedure
From California Civil Code 5915

(a) This section applies to an association that does not otherwise provide a fair, reasonable, and expeditious dispute resolution procedure. The procedure provided in this section is fair, reasonable, and expeditious, within the meaning of this article.

(b) Either party to a dispute within the scope of this article may invoke the following procedure:

         (1) The party may request the other party to meet and confer in an effort to resolve the dispute. The request shall be in writing.

         (2) A member of an association may refuse a request to meet and confer. The association may not refuse a request to meet and confer.

         (3) The board shall designate a director to meet and confer.

         (4) The parties shall meet promptly at a mutually convenient time and place, explain their positions to each other, and confer in good faith in an effort to resolve the dispute. The parties may be assisted by an attorney or another person at their own cost when conferring.

         (5) A resolution of the dispute agreed to by the parties shall be memorialized in writing and signed by the parties, including the board designee on behalf of the association.

(c) A written agreement reached under this section binds the parties and is judicially enforceable if it is signed by both parties and both of the following conditions are satisfied:

         (1) The agreement is not in conflict with law or the governing documents of the common interest development or association.

         (2) The agreement is either consistent with the authority granted by the board to its designee or the agreement is ratified by the board.

(d) A member shall not be charged a fee to participate in the process.

Alternative Dispute Resolution

Summary of Civil Code 5925-5965

Sections 5925 to 5965 of the Civil Code require that before owners and associations file lawsuits against each other for declaratory relief or injunctive relief in connection with a claim for money damages under $5,000 or for enforcing the association's governing documents, the filing party "shall endeavor" to submit the dispute to alternative dispute resolution ("ADR"). Forms of ADR include mediation, negotiation, and binding or nonbinding arbitration. This provision does not apply to the filing of cross-complaints.

The ADR process is initiated by one party serving a request for resolution upon the other parties to the dispute. The request must include (i) a brief description of the dispute, (ii) a request for ADR, (iii) a notice that a response must be received within thirty (30) days or it will be deemed rejected, and (iv) a copy of Civil Code Sections 5925 to 5965.

If the individual receiving the request agrees to ADR, the process must be completed within ninety (90) days unless otherwise extended by agreement. The cost of ADR is to be paid by the participating parties. If a civil suit is filed, the filing party must submit to the court a certificate of compliance indicating the party has complied with the requirements of Sections 5925 to 5965. Failing to do so would be grounds for challenging the lawsuit.

Although the prevailing party is entitled to reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, the court may consider a party's refusal to participate in ADR when making the award.

A description of the Association's internal dispute resolution process, as required by Civil Code Section 5920, is attached.

NOTE: Failure of any member of the association to comply with the alternative dispute resolution requirements of 5930 of the Civil Code may result in the loss of your right to sue the association or another member of the association regarding enforcement of the governing documents or the applicable law.

Notice Assessments and Foreclosure

This notice outlines some of the rights and responsibilities of owners of property in common interest developments and the associations that manage them. Please refer to the sections of the Civil Code indicated for further information. A portion of the information in this notice applies only to liens recorded on or after January 1, 2003. You may wish to consult a lawyer if you dispute an assessment.

Assessments and Foreclosure

Assessments become delinquent 15 days after they are due, unless the governing documents provide for a longer time. The failure to pay association assessments may result in the loss of an owner's property through foreclosure. Foreclosure may occur either as a result of a court action, known as judicial foreclosure, or without court action, often referred to as nonjudicial foreclosure. For liens recorded on and after January 1, 2006, an association may not use judicial or nonjudicial foreclosure to enforce that lien if the amount of the delinquent assessments or dues, exclusive of any accelerated assessments, late charges, fees, attorney's fees, interest, and costs of collection, is less than one thousand eight hundred dollars ($1,800). For delinquent assessments or dues in excess of one thousand eight hundred dollars ($1,800) or more than 12 months delinquent, an association may use judicial or nonjudicial foreclosure subject to the conditions set forth in Article 3 (commencing with Section 5700) of Chapter 8 of Part 5 of Division 4 of the Civil Code. When using judicial or nonjudicial foreclosure, the association records a lien on the owner's property. The owner's property may be sold to satisfy the lien if the amounts secured by the lien are not paid. (Sections 5700 through 5720 of the Civil Code, inclusive)

In a judicial or nonjudicial foreclosure, the association may recover assessments, reasonable costs of collection, reasonable attorney's fees, late charges, and interest. The association may not use nonjudicial foreclosure to collect fines or penalties, except for costs to repair common area damaged by a member or a member's guests, if the governing documents provide for this. (Section 5725 of the Civil Code)

The association must comply with the requirements of Article 2 (commencing with Section 5650) of Chapter 8 of Part 5 of Division 4 of the Civil Code when collecting delinquent assessments. If the association fails to follow these requirements, it may not record a lien on the owner's property until it has satisfied those requirements. Any additional costs that result from satisfying the requirements are the responsibility of the association. (Section 5675 of the Civil Code)

At least 30 days prior to recording a lien on an owner's separate interest, the association must provide the owner of record with certain documents by certified mail, including a description of its collection and lien enforcement procedures and the method of calculating the amount. It must also provide an itemized statement of the charges owed by the owner. An owner has a right to review the association's records to verify the debt. (Section 5660 of the Civil Code)

If a lien is recorded against an owner's property in error, the person who recorded the lien is required to record a lien release within 21 days, and to provide an owner certain documents in this regard. (Section 5685 of the Civil Code)

The collection practices of the association may be governed by state and federal laws regarding fair debt collection. Penalties can be imposed for debt collection practices that violate these laws.


When an owner makes a payment, the owner may request a receipt, and the association is required to provide it. On the receipt, the association must indicate the date of payment and the person who received it. The association must inform owners of a mailing address for overnight payments. (Section 5655 of the Civil Code)

An owner may, but is not obligated to, pay under protest any disputed charge or sum levied by the association, including, but not limited to, an assessment, fine, penalty, late fee, collection cost, or monetary penalty imposed as a disciplinary measure, and by so doing, specifically reserve the right to contest the disputed charge or sum in court or otherwise.

An owner may dispute an assessment debt by submitting a written request for dispute resolution to the association as set forth in Article 2 (commencing with Section 5900) of Chapter 10 of Part 5 of Division 4 of the Civil Code. In addition, an association may not initiate a foreclosure without participating in alternative dispute resolution with a neutral third party as set forth in Article 3 (commencing with Section 5925) of Chapter 10 of Part 5 of Division 4 of the Civil Code, if so requested by the owner. Binding arbitration shall not be available if the association intends to initiate a judicial foreclosure.

An owner is not liable for charges, interest, and costs of collection, if it is established that the assessment was paid properly on time. (Section 5685 of the Civil Code)

Meetings and Payment Plans

An owner of a separate interest that is not a time-share interest may request the association to consider a payment plan to satisfy a delinquent assessment. The association must inform owners of the standards for payment plans, if any exists. (Section 5665 of the Civil Code)

The board must meet with an owner who makes a proper written request for a meeting to discuss a payment plan when the owner has received a notice of a delinquent assessment. These payment plans must conform with the payment plan standards of the association, if they exist (Section 5665 of the Civil Code).